5 Things we’ve thought about food
Have you ever really sat down and thought about food? We know, you’re busy. We get it. But when we think about food, we think that it all connects with your life, and that good food makes you feel, perform and think better. Sorry, we didn’t mean for all that to sound quite as new-agey as it did. So to think of it the other way: rubbish in, rubbish out.
Here’s some other things that we’ve thought about food lately:
- We want food to be healthy, but we’re not here to preach about it to you. We’re not your Mum. We want you to eat our food because it’s delicious, but we totally believe in our ingredients – that’s why we proudly display our nutritional information alongside our menu.
- We think the options for everyday dining (as in, doesn’t leave you penniless) in London leave a lot to be desired. If you look at some countries around the world, where everyone is surrounded by fresh produce, you can’t help but feel that this amazing, metropolitan city isn’t doing everyday food justice. Let’s sort that out.
- We think most people don’t get enough free time, especially during the day. Too many lunches are consumed ‘al desko’ in the office. It’s unlikely that you’re going to find a way to make time (though share your secret with us if you do, yeah?) so we’d rather just help you get more out of your mealtimes.
- If you ask us, food deserves to be fun. We take the sourcing of our ingredients and the preparation of our food seriously, but we think mealtimes – and restaurants – should be fun. We want you to leave Farmer J with a smile on your face.
- We’re not too sure what to say here, but we were told you had to have at least of 5 things if you were writing an article on the internet. It’s almost summer? Barbecues are pretty fun in the summer. That’s food, right?
You can read more about what Farmer J stands for on our about page, or if you get the fork over to our restaurant you’ll be able to see it all for yourself.